May 18, 2011 by k. liz
1. Totally excited for Gençlik ve Spor Bayram tomorrow!! No school!!
2. Getting really excited about blogging . . . hopefully some readers are too. 🙂
3. Reading an amazing paper written by my husband for his International Relations MA program.
4. Reading an awesome book that I got for free from Amazon: Write Good or Die. Inspiring (to me!!)
5. Went to an awesome free concert at the University next to our house – complete with fireworks, really good singing, amazing dancing . . . it was great.
6. Making cake cookies!! Easiest thing ever!! (And my husband LOVES them!) I was going to link the recipe, but . . . it’s 1/3 cup of oil and 2 eggs with any box cake mix . . . then in a 350 F (175 C) oven for 7-8 mins – do you need a link?
7. Playing Triversity (and I would say that I won, but my husband will read this.)
8. Checking out lots of articles about dogme and technology in teaching. Lots in interesting ideas out there! Just check out my daily “What I’m Reading” posts to find some of these.
9. Booking tickets to go to Istanbul this weekend to hopefully solidify a job for the fall!
10. Spent over an hour talking to my parents – long overdue, and well worth the 30 seconds of ads I had to listen to every 5 minutes when I called. My free VOIP app only lets me talk for 5 minutes and then cuts me off . . . but, hey . . . I was talking to my mom and dad, in America, kinda on a phone . . . it was nice.