May 19, 2011 by k. liz
6 days in a row!! Hopefully this is helping some of you, because it definitely is a better motivation for me than a sticky note on my desk!
1. Teaching English’s Learning Ready (by cherrymp): This post talks about the factors that play into whether or not we can successfully teach our students. The author surveys age and interest as different factors. My follow-up question is how to change and motivate our students once we’ve identified the problem!!
2. IHteacher’s Are you having fun?: A nice post with some good warmers and games for class . . . anyone from America who has ever gone to a baby shower has probably played the Paperclip game!! I had never thought to use it in the language classroom though!
3. Teaching Village’s Being an EFL teacher (by Eva Büyüksımkeşyan): This was an encouraging post for future EFL teachers. And, if you are already an EFL teacher, it will make you smile and remember the good things about our job.
4. I ❤ Ed Tech’s 7 Reasons for Teachers to Tweet: Good solid ideas for using Twitter . . . and also a little shove to get on board in case you aren’t yet!
5. Mike Harrison’s Travel recommendations: With all of the hype about dogme I’ve been seeing, I had been really interested to see a lesson plan. Mike shares one about travel here. It is interesting, and I can definitely see some of the benefits of using this lesson in class.