June 1, 2011 by k. liz
Okay, first of all, I just want to let you all know that I’m finished with my “What I’m Reading Today . . .” for a few weeks at least. I am hoping to continue posting over the next several weeks, but I am not sure how everything will work out. Here’s what’s been going on:
1. Leaving tomorrow for Senegal, West Africa.
2. Sending a bunch of our belongings with friends to Istanbul.
3. Hosting 15 people making and eating dinner in our studio apartment.
4. Making travel plans for an interview for my husband in Greenville while we are staying with my dad in Atlanta.
5. Considering a short-term teaching opportunity over the summer.
6. Trying to solidify all of the details with my new job in Istanbul.
7. Sending a proposal to TESOL for Philadelphia next year.
8. Clearing off my entire computer and with that my entire house.
9. Had students show up last night unexpectedly with dinner for my husband and I.
10. Grading final exams and speaking exams and saying goodbye to lots of good friends.
So . . . all of that being said, I really do want to continue blogging and learning and sharing, but the next few months will be a bit hectic and scattered as I travel to Africa, and then back to America, and then back to Turkey in the span of three months. So . . . no promises on posts, but hopefully I’ll have lots of sweet things to share with you all!! For now, happy almost summer!!