August 22, 2011 by k. liz
1. Aleks’ Untangling the Web: Education: Introduction to a coming series on technology in the classroom. This sounds like it will be very informative and helpful!! Link it!
2. Angela’s 12 Most Important Things to Know about Kids Today: An encouraging post focusing on the positives of the up and coming generation (that many of us are teaching and shaping!)
3. Lisa’s Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and Blogs: Great succinct comparison of the top social sites of today and the pros of each.
4. Huffington Post’s Top 5 Reasons Why Teacher Turnover is Rising: Interesting article as to why teachers are leaving. Seems to me someone needs to realize the reality of what teachers do and give them a little more liberty to do what they need to do well!
5. Brad’s Are We Taking a Step Back in ESL?: This really made me stop and think through things. It is crucial that we as teachers are actively thinking through things and making wise decisions for our students. We can’t just jump on the next cool thing, we’ve got to make sure everything we do is tied to an objective for their good!