November 2, 2012 by k. liz
I just took a trip down memory lane on my blog while looking at something, and I’d forgotten that I used to do this every week! I thought that while I’m in this slump of figuring out the best way to fit everything in, it’d be a good Friday addition to my posts. What do you think?
So, what I’m about this week . . .
1. I’ve been really addicted to the TV show Switched at Birth. Okay, so just lots of drama, but also a lot of interesting linguistic stuff going on with the inclusion of ASL. I’m fascinated!
2. I mentioned this in my post on Wednesday, but I’ve been very thankful for my copy of Oxford English Grammar Course: Basic by Michael Swan and Catherine Walter. It’s a great tool for teaching grammar!!
3. This blog post.
4. Starting a November Be Thankful log! I’ll be uploading a button on my other blog later today if you’d like to join me!!
5. My good and faithful vocabulary activity that I learned from my mentor in my internship. Print some pictures, pass them around the room, have students write any words they think of . . . activate schema for vocabulary words!!
6. Chocolate. Not sure why.
7. Sociolinguistics. I have been thoroughly enjoying my reading for this class. Definitely some fun topics!!
8. Boots. It’s getting to be that time of year!!
9. Blogging. I’m really working to get back into it! You can also check the non-academic me out at klizbarker.wordpress.com.
10. Knowing that my family was safe during Sandy!! (And my sweet students asking me if they were.)
Hope you’re having a great week!!