November 12, 2012 by k. liz
I’ve happened across a couple of great things to share with you all this week! Hope you enjoy!! Let me know in the comments if you have anything to add!!
1. Here’s a great collection of posters for your staff room that give some great tips for those days when you don’t know exactly what you’re doing when you walk into class!
2. Looking forward to this conference on Wednesday night on Mobile Learning by Gavin Dudeney.
3. So, I know that numbers 1 & 2 were from the British Council, but I’ve been really enjoying their materials recently!! Here is a webpage filled with apps that they have produced. Some of them require a purchase to fully access everything, but even still you get some good materials. I think that my favorite might be the My Word Book app, but I also really like the interactive IPA app as well.
4. Here is a great app for private lessons with young learners. I played this with one of my privates this weekend and we really enjoyed it. I think that you can only use it for two players unless you pay, but it is definitely worth checking out!!
5. Sudoku. Pretty sure I got very addicted this week!! Fighting Alzheimers!!
6. Read this awesome book: Placebo : book 1: A Jevin Banks Novel (The Jevin Banks Experience)! (Then again, it’s Steven James, and I always love his novels!)
7. I’ve been studying the Interaction Theory recently, and I have to say, I’ve really been enjoying it. I think there is a lot of credence to trying to get students to learn how to monitor their own speech and notice the feedback that their listener’s give.
That’s all for tonight. I have some activities that I’d like to share with you soon, once I get an opportunity to upload them. Meanwhile, what have you been doing, studying, loving? I’d love to hear in the comments!!