December 19, 2012 by k. liz
Happy Holidays! We’re down to less than a week til Christmas!! Today I decided to share a few sites with you that I think you’ll find very helpful. Many thanks to colleagues out there who are working hard and helping all of us!! Thank you!!
7. Sparklebox – if you have young learners, as I did last year, this site can be GREAT. There are lots of free materials here.
6. TeachingEnglish.com – always a fan of this. There are a lot of ideas on there to explore.
5. Socrative – this is a site where you can utilize student’s mobile devices to answer quiz questions. It’s a great tool, especially for teenagers and young adults.
4. Nik Peachey’s Scoopit – Nik always has lots of good links and ideas.
3. Google Ngram – This is a lexical tool that can be really helpful in showing students collocations and importance of vocabulary words.
2. ESL Flow – I have often found good worksheets and handouts on here, and they never ask you to sign up or submit a handout!!
1. Everyday Language Learner – this is a great blog with books, resources, and posts for helping you learn a language (and thereby providing insights for language teachers too!!)