January 3, 2014 by k. liz
I’m sitting here today, still enjoying time with family over the holidays, looking down at my growing stomach, and smiling because 2014 right now seems ripe and full of promise. 2013 was a good year, I finished my M.A. in Applied Linguistics, had some great private students, finished up my second year as an English instructor at the University level, and moved back to the USA. I’ve found some students in D.C., and I’ve made a lot of headway on opening my own Institute. In fact, this month we will begin our first semester. My fingers want to shake a little as they write that, knowing that this is not going to be easy or necessarily fun, but it is going to be good. I believe that. I believe that, because I believe that this is something a lot bigger than me. Someone else is behind it, and I’m super excited to be a cog in the works.
I’ve not officially sat down and planned and plotted for 2014 yet, but I’d like to share a few things I am looking forward to and hoping to achieve as this new year starts:
- EDGE Institute is going to start it’s first semester on January 27, 2014!! **I’d really appreciate it if you would head over and *like* our facebook page, follow on twitter, and send it along to any friends, especially if they are in the D.C. area!!
- I’m planning out a Pronunciation Curriculum to follow the 24 lesson course I’ll be teaching this semester. This is a big deal for me, and I’m hoping to see it develop past just printing my own worksheets. My goal is to see it beautifully designed and printed by the end of the year.
- I’ve already got several educational books on my reading list for 2014, so I’m hoping to grow in that and share several thoughts and ideas from them with you!
- I’m also planning as a part of the EDGE Institute growth to create some collaboration materials such as e-zines for distribution in our community. That will take some research and work on my part to sort out the best ways to make it work, but I think that would be a great way to reach out and grow together. Please leave a comment if you are interested in being a part of something like that!!
- I do plan on posting more often on this blog, now that I am done waitressing and back into education as a more-or-less full time job (but please be patient in April, as mothering will take over that status!!)
So, that’s the short list. I’m excited for new beginnings, new mercy, new ideas. I can’t wait to see what 2014 holds. I have a feeling it is going to be intense – this is not my year of mediocrity.
What are your plans and goals? How are you going to grow? What is going to change for you? Can’t wait to hear!!